Monday, February 8, 2016

Still the same old me I was when I got here....

Been quite a couple weeks.
A roller coaster of emotions
from work to relationships
waiting waiting waiting...
  waiting waiting waiting...
    waiting waiting waiting...

Trying not to make knee jerk decisions
allowing myself to see the true nature of what I want.
trying to make changes for someone else
trying to make changes for the good of others
to be more in alignment with another
be it a group of coworkers
or a love interest
shoes that just don't fit
a crown too tight
a vision narrowed by titles and responsibilities
  someone else's expectations
over my appreciations
for all that I have here in the high country
and I got a LOT here in the high country
ages old journals revealed lists
what I wanted at the time
what I have wanted all this time
still holds true.
EVERY BOX CHECKED!
and it does not say "high paying job"
it does not say "a woman to share it with"
it does not mention a companion
but compatriots
cohorts
not partners
but partners in crime
buddies
and quite simply
MORE DUDES for fuck's sake!
A life of waiting for women to decide
started with a woman deciding to die
and Im not waiting around any more
not waiting to LIVE!

Still the same Olde Scotty I was when I got here
when I LEFT there
save for 2 notable differences

1 - FREEDOM
2 - PURPOSE

...and with those two things aligned right now, you can expect to see bigger and better than ever before as I take a solo flight and dig deeper into this community of friends and heroes around me.

Cant wait to share the journey - now that I'm back on it!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment